Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can my dancer try a class before we register? Yes, you can absolutely try a class or two before registering! Just stop by the front desk, let us know which class your child would like to try and fill out a trial class waiver. *Due to government restrictions all trial classes will be available online only, at this time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- When do your classes start? End? Do you have sessions? Our regular season begins at the end of August and runs through June. We also offer a 6 week summer session, start and end dates can be found on the “Calendar” page of our website
- Is it too late to register? It is never too late to register with us! Classes remain open all season long. Please email email@example.com for class availability.
- Are we committed for the entire year? There is no long term commitment or contract, you can add or drop classes at any time throughout the year. CFDC does require thirty day written notice via email to terminate membership at the
studio. We will no longer accept termination via front desk staff, phone call
or phone message. All monthly memberships require a minimum of 30 days
written notice (via email) prior to next billing date to assure cancellation of
automatic payments. Cancellation
requests submitted within the 30 day billing cycle will result in a final payment drawn from your account on your established auto draft date.
- What should my child wear to class? All class attire requirements are listed on the “Class Descriptions” page of our website. If your child is coming for a trial class there is no need to purchase attire and shoes, he/she may wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing and go barefoot.
- How do you determine class placement? Our goal is to find the best all-around fit for each student, class placement is based on a variety factors including age, experience and ability. You’ll find class information, including age requirements, listed on the “Class Descriptions” page of our website. If you have a question regarding your child’s placement or need assistance in selecting classes please call or email the studio.
- How many students are in each class? Class size is determined by a variety of factors including the age of the students, room availability for that class and the overall make up of that class. *Due to government restrictions classes may be smaller at this time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Can we register online? It is our goal to help you determine which classes are the best fit for your dancer. While you can't register online, you can download and fill out the registration form. It is located on the “Fees” page of our website.
- Do you have an end of the year show? Yes we do it! Our Showcase is in June and open to all dancers at CFDC. While we would love to have all of our students participate, the show is optional. If your child is in more than one class you can choose to do none, some or all of their dances.
- How much are costumes? What other costs are associated with participating in the Showcase? Costume costs vary, but typically range from $85-$95. (Participation in our fall fundraiser can help offset the cost of your child’s costume!) There is a $80 per family Showcase fee which includes 2 tickets to the show.
- How do we know if you are closed for bad weather or holidays? We follow Anne Arundel County Public Schools for weather related closings only. Our holiday schedule is located on the “Calendar” page of our website. Be sure you follow us on social media and you are subscribed to our newsletter for the most up to date information!